Wednesday, March 28, 2007
In My Kitchen
Annette Funicello's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
* 2 c Unsifted flour (I used Bread flour, that's the trick!)
* 1 c Sugar
* 1/2 ts Baking soda
* 1/4 ts Salt
* 1/2 c Corn oil margarine, softened (1 stick)
* 1/2 c Skippy creamy or super chunk peanut butter
* 2 Eggs
* 1 tb Water
* 1 ts Vanilla (I added a little more)
* 6 oz Semisweet chocolate chips, optional (1 cup)
In small bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In large bowl with mixer at low speed beat together margarine, peanut butter, eggs, water, and vanilla just until blended. Add flour mixture, beat until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes. Optional: stir chocolate pieces into batter. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with floured bottom of glass. Bake in 375 F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Store in tightly covered container. Makes about 2-3 dozen.
I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.