Sunday, March 18, 2007

102 degrees is for sissy boys (or, I wrote my 'title' before I wrote my post)

Being a firefighter's wife can go one of two ways: 1. Divorce or 2. Fierce desire to make the most of every minute together. Ryan and I sit firmly in that second camp. The divorce rate for firefighters is over 50%. Can you believe that? I guess I can see how that would happen, but Ryan and I go the other direction entirely. We make the most of the time we have together. No doubt.

This was one of his weekends off, and it was full to the brim. On Friday Ryan went to the store while I was at work and planned a fancy dinner. We had grilled veggies, and tuna steaks grilled on a cedar plank. Look at the deliciousness:



On Saturday we started the day off with a dog walk, then off to our tax lady's place (I love Uncle Sam!), then to our favorite bagel place, then we sadly went our own ways for a while. I was off to the hospital (my mom is not doing as well as we would like), then I was off to a dreaded bridal shower. Seriously? Why do we have those? I'd much rather just send an extra gift to the bride and call it good. The shower games and the watching the gift opening... I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a hot piece of iron.

I digress. Let's not forget that it was one of my most favorite holidays this weekend:
St. Patty's day! I can totally get behind a holiday that'll require me to wear clothes that bring out the green in my eyes and also require me to drink copious amounts of beer! Oh.... beeeeeer.... mmmmm We went out w/ some new friends. Not only did we stay up past our normal weekend 10pm (yeah, I know, we're lame, don't make a big deal out of it), we got home at 1am! WEEEEEE!

And today? We accomplished two things: 1. New flip-flops. 2. I have an ass that is not made for any jeans ever conceived. But my husband? Shoved me into Nordstroms anyway and forced me into $200 jeans anyway. Seriously, I would never consider spending that much on a single piece of clothing, but he was determined.


Ok, so tell me.... Is it just me or are jeans made too small in the thighs and too big in
the waist? I feel like my thighs are in a vice and the jeans pouch out in the back so when I sit my crack is showing. Is this just me?

I'll leave you today with Karma looking fierce, and a picture of the orange blossoms that are currently ruining my allergetic life... -A-





Dang, this post totally didn't go the way of the title or the intro paragraph. So... Ok, yeah, its freaking hot here but we make the most of it. Oh, and Ryan has the weekend off so we're filling every minute. And you really don't need the details. So there!

And also? Our weekend involves drinking. So apologies for the bad grammer and bad singing.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great that you're sticking with Option 2! I totally support that. :)

And those tuna steaks look so delish!!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karma is just looking for attention

6:38 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

I am surprised that the divorce rate is only around 50%. I always thought it was a lot higher. Not everyone realizes what they are getting in to when they get involved with some one in the fire service. It takes work to make any marriage work but more when you are int he fire service. (The young couple next door to me are having problems and they aren't married yet. He is a career FF and she has known him since he started his fire 1 as a volunteer.)

And $200 for jean sis way more than I will spend. And I agree with you that they do not make jeans to fit normal people. All I can find are hip huggers and they fir all right but finding long tops is a problem. And I am short too.

BTW, your dinner looked great/

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you end up getting jeans at ? (Or did you end up getting any?). Sorry to hear your mom isn't doing as well as you'd all like.. We're all praying for her. And I'm glad you guys are packing that quality time in because it's definitely a precious thing.

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is having a rough time. I really hope that she makes a turn for the better soon.
I can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on jeans because they have NEVER looked good on me. Yesterday Greg asked me if I was wearing HIS jeans because they looked kind of funny. Nice.
I admire that you and Ryan get a long so well, it's a nice change from everyone around me who is on the rocks. (Except G and me, of course!)
And Karma? What a cute pink nose.
Ramona

6:24 AM  
Blogger Katie Jean said...

I just ran into your blog and had to leave a comment about the jean thing. I can totally relate. Why do they make them like that?? And I hate wearing belts, so my jeans are forever gaping at the waist!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com