Saturday, February 24, 2007

Missing my man

This week and last are the beginning of some rough times for Ryan and me. I'm plenty used to having lots of alone time because of his schedule, but starting last week Ryan's even more scarce.

In addition to Ryan's regular every-other-day 24-hr shifts, he's been taking classes to bolster his resume on his days off. So where we had been used to having gym time together every other day, and making dinner together after, now even on his days off he's not home until dinner is ready. Luckily this is only a few more weeks, but then he's going to be teaching the fire academy (which is a great privilege!), meaning he'll
be off his regular shift entirely and working 12 hour days 5 days a week. And this weekend he had to be out of town, so I haven't seen him since Wednesday. *sigh*

I'm blessed to have a husband that I actually want to spend time with. That's the silver lining, and I know it. And the other silver lining is that the time we actually do get together is so important that we never waste a minute of it.

It helps to keep myself busy. So the other silver lining is that I've learned to be super independent and not to just sit around on my duff when I've got some free time. This morning the dogs woke me up early. We took a long run in the crisp morning, did some yard work, had some breakfast, and now I'm off to the Highland Games with
my brother and parents. Tonight Miss African Kelli was generous enough to give us tickets to her charity's wild annual Mardi Gras fundraiser. Its insane fun. And I'm doing the portraits for people! Wooo! Then tomorrow it looks like I'm cleaning the house and maybe I'll go solo to a movie for the first time ever.

But I do miss Ryan....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor girl! Though it's great you can do things on your own (I've always been bad about that), I know you must miss him. Chris has taken a new position within Yahoo that will probably involve a lot more travel, including some international travel. It's definitely not something I'm looking forward to, even if it is something that's good for his career!!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that the next two weeks fly by for you. I know I get grumpy when Greg and I don't get enough time together.
I'm curious to know how your portraits will turn out!

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are awlays welcome to come hang out with me and my crazy family anytime you want!!!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com