Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Drop Dead Fred

Well, I had a very full day today. It started with me waking up and having Ryan drive me over to the hospital. Today was the day that Fred had to die. Sorry Fred! So I had my little reactive lymphnode removed, and I feel like I handled it like a champ. I didn't cry once (although almost) and I handled the general anethesia like a pro. Seriously, when they pulled the thing out of my mouth/throat and said my name to wake me up, I woke right up and was wide awake.


The freakest part of the whole thing was when we were in the prep room with about 7 other patients in varying degrees of readiness, I looked over Ryan's head into the room and noticed something strange. There was this brown-haired nurse who seemed to be everywhere. Then all of a sudden there were TWO of her doing IVs on two different men. OK, for real I didn't think I was drugged at that point, so I thought I was going nuts. Then I figured it out. Identical twins. Identical nurses. Identical scrubs. It was the weirdest thing, and hardly fair to us poor drugged-up patients.





You ever had general anethesia before? You mostly just feel out of it for hours, so I went home with the intention of passing out. Ryan poured me into bed, tucked my blanket around me, and snugged a Karma pup right up against myside. Then I was off to la-la land. BUT... Murphy's law: on the day you most need to chill, your Jeep you've been waiting 12 weeks for will come in! So the phone rang about every 10 minutes at our house today. *sigh* No rest for the weary.





So, it was a good thing, but I'm so pooped tonight. It was 7-10:30 of surgery, 11:30-1 of talking on the phone to insurance, credit union, dealership etc, and 2-5 of painful paperwork at the car dealership. But at the end of the day: Fred is Dead, and we're busy learning the appropriate Jeep owner to Jeep owner wave out the open roof:



(photo credit to Min!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new ride!!! when are we taking a road trip????? I am glad fred is dead!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice!!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, yeah that is pretty crazy. even more so that they ended up working at the same place.

nice looking truck =)

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com