Wednesday, January 10, 2007

OCD much?

My mom is home after a whopping 28 days. We've probably got some more chemo (at least 2 more rounds) ahead of us, but she's feeling much better. Other then being weak and struggling a bit, she's doing really well! Now if only we could get my dad healthy too... *sigh* Ryan and I are going to do a better job taking care of the two of them in the next week or two. Dinners, maybe some yard work, there's a promise of getting Christmas decorations down... One step at a time. I'm so glad she's healthier. Its been hard.

We're so beaten down lately. We neglected planning for our 5th anniversary this April because of lots of stuff, and now that we're planning we're both excited. Until the enginerd in me came out. Exibit A:



Please click for full insanity. That's right folks, a trip to Costa Rica staying at hotels costing around $100/night is over $4000! Our hearts are broken over this. With the new 4-dr Jeep Wrangler we ordered, we just can't afford this.

But please note my OCD . Poor Ryan. I've got tabs built into that spreadsheet for tour info, itinerary, costs, hotel info with hyperlinks, details of what we'd do every day, and alternate plans like a cruise, florida, or cancun. Yes, I know... But I have to channel my nerdiness somewhere! Might as well be in vacation planning.

So... anyone got any ideas for a romanticish vacation that isn't just laying on the beach, doesn't involve crashing on snowboards, is around $2000, and has lots of stuff for us to do? Anyone?

Dang, money is depressing....

6 Comments:

Blogger Fatma said...

lol! Who sais it wasn't!
Happy New Year Dear!
BTW, check the coming Carnival of the Mundane which am hosting!

Hugs!

Fitena

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad to hear that your mom is doing better! I'll bet she's happy to be home, even if those Christmas decorations are still up!
I say, that you still should go to Costa Rica. Why waste all that hard Excel work? And, really, how often are you going to be able to celebrate your 5th wedding anniversary. It'll get paid off at some point. :)

4:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James and I spent our honeymoon in Costa Rica (on the Pacific Side, little beach town called Samara). We can laugh about it now, but honestly, I would have been just as happy to have gone to the California coast and not cheated death as many times as we did.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will suggest Kiawah Island, SC. It's 20 miles south of Charleston, has the best golf courses in America and there are LOADS of outdoorsy things to do, in addition to working on your tan.

Marty's 30th is this March, and that's our destination (but he doesn't know it yet).

Good luck! :)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicago is nice in the spring ;)
Hope you find just the right trip!!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

try finding an all inclusive tour. It will include everything hotel food drinks airfare....
or maybe a cruise

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com