Sunday, January 21, 2007

Best Weekend Ever

I could have quite possibly had the best weekend ever. I don't know what it is, but I've felt silly happy all weekend. My mom is better (although she goes back for chemo tomorrow again), and my cold was a dud (I totally have the secret for getting rid of it quick!), and I got the whole weekend with my man. Saturday we slept until the dogs started whining (10am! unheard of!), got up, had breakfast while reading each other the paper, then off to the Phoenix Art Museum to see the Ansel Adams display, then to My Florist Cafe for lunch (wild mushroom and brie soup with half a chicken, brie and carmalized pear sandwich sided with the most fresh organic salad ever), then home for some Xbox (making it Ryan's best day ever), then off to a great firefighter party. Usually I feel like I have to be glued to Ryan's side, but I knew so many people at this one that I didn't see Ryan for half the party and had the best time.

Then today we slept in, woke up to rain, rain and more rain, saw my mom pre-hospital check-in, went to a football party (where neither of us watched football), then home. But on our way home we saw that the gorgeous mountains around our desert were covered with new snow. Well, we couldn't let that gorgeous sight go to waste, so we grabbed the dogs and headed North. We went out toward one of our desert lakes, then took the first off-road turn we could find. Here's Ryan on a hill that was much steeper then it looks in this picture (I actually got out because I was too scared):



OK, yeah, and right after I took this picture I had to run up the hill in the fancy boots I was wearing for the party earlier in the day. In the mud. But the view from the top? Unparalleled.

I've been trying for about 3 years now to take a picture of the mountains surrounding our desert that showed the contrast of two. The sight of the mountains covered in snow with the saguaros down below is amazing. I think I'm getting pretty close with this one:




(View bigger here) It was just beautiful out today after the clouds cleared. Arizona is so amazing. I have a feeling that people have a misconception about Arizona. They think that it looks like the Sarhara, that its dry and ugly. This picture shows what I think Arizona looks like. The desert is gorgeous with its severe rocks and cacti, but we have so much more then that too.

My perfect weekend. The only bad part is that I think I might have passed the crud on to Ryan. Poor guy has been so sick and hurt the last few months. But what can I say? He's so adorable, I just can't stay far enough away from him to keep the crud to myself. :-)



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, don't you just love weekends like that? Ours was pretty darn good too.

Love your burgeoning photography skills! I wish Florida had mountains. *sigh*

2:22 PM  
Blogger NetChick said...

Sounds like an awesome time!!! Yay!

11:40 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

You guys were in need of a great weekend like that.
And that mountain pic? OMG! It's beautiful.
Hope your mom's chemo goes well for her.

7:31 PM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

You are a trooper climbing up that big hill in your pretty shoes to get a shot. Totally something I would do!! I just started a photography class last week... eek its a tad scary but fun at the same time.

Hope all is well!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your absence is caused by an even better week? Hope all is going well with your mom and such. God bless.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com