Monday, November 27, 2006

NaBloPoMo Day 27 - Better Get it out Now

Happy root canal day to you! I'm about to take some nice happy pills so I thought I'd get this post out before I'm loopy. Have I mentioned how much I hate the dentist? When I was a kid my dentist told me that the numbing shot was more painful then actually filling the cavity. So when I was a kid I had every cavity filled without any meds. Yikes! That dentist also told me that the fact that I was missing two bottom front teeth was not a worry. Then I went to college and got my own dentist, and it turns out that the archaic dentist of my youth was a little off in the head. My mouth was a mess. In one two week period I had to go 4 times to the dentist to get about 10 teeth fixed. Then I had to get braces (at 23, how attractive) to fix the problem of my missing teeth. Then I had a nice little surgery (under general) where they grafted bone on to my jaw, screwed a titanium post into the jaw, then fitted me with a fake tooth. Nice, huh? (and side note: as a result of the grafting, every time I donate blood I have to say I've had a 'transplant' of cadaver bone. I have dead people stuff in my mouth, wanna make out?) So needless to say I've got issues with the dentist.

Great, now that I've got myself all worked up and scared, I'm going to go take my anti-anxiety meds. See you in la la land!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm...do dead people have a taste?! Just wondering...

3:07 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I'm sorry for you, Atpanda. I have had numerous surgeries on my gums, as well as crowns and bondings, so I know what pain it can bring. Hope you feel better soon.

Michele sent me.

5:46 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I hope you are feeling better today!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com