Wednesday, November 29, 2006

NaBlah.....

I can see the finish line! Only today and tomorrow left, then no more waking up in the middle of the night thinking that I'd forgotten to post!

This weekend Ryan and are are going to see the greatest band in the whole world. Barenaked Ladies y'all! We haven't seen them for almost 3 years now and we were going through withdrawls. CAN'T WAIT! They are the single most entertaining band I've ever seen perform. WOO HOO! Wish hotels weren't $145/night downtown so we could drink ourselves silly, be crazy at the concert, then walk to bed.

Tonight we're seeing Ryan's parents again for dinner. Ryan's dad has been treating this really nice man from California for a long time where he works, and everytime that guy comes into town he insists on taking us all for a nice steak dinner. And who am I to argue??

And guess what I woke up to this morning?! WINTER! It was almost 90 degrees last week, and today I think it only got up to 55. Arizona weather is the strangest. In Phoenix when the temperature doesn't break 70 during the day, we Phoenicians break out our winter coats.
I'm hoping this means snow is coming soon in the high country. Here's to lots of snow for skiing over New Years!

As my title today suggests, I've got nothing for you. So instead of wasting this post, I present you with a recipe for Homemade Dog Biscuits. I've never made it before, but I'm thinking about trying it this weekend. It came on the back of a mortgage company's advertisement at the dog walk this weekend. Pretty smart of them...

2 tsp dry yeast
1/2 C. water
2 Tbs parsley
1 1/2 C. chicken broth
3 Tbs honey
1 egg
5-6 C. of whole wheat flour

Preheat oven to 350
In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Stir in parsley, broth, honey, and egg.
Slowly add flour to form a stiff dough.
Transfer to floured surface & kneed until smooth.
Roll dough (DOH! I don't have a rolling pin. Must ask for that for Christmas) out to 1/4" thick.
Cut out w/ cookie cutter of choice.

Bake on un-greased cookie sheet for 30 minutes, flip over & bake 15 minutes.
Cool for several hours.
Serve to doggie of your choosing.

Let me know if you try this recipe and you like. And if you don't, let me know that too so I don't waste my time making it for my own pups. See ya!

5 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I've seen BNL in concert twice and I love them. Hopefully I'll see them this spring when (I think) they're coming to CO! Have a great time!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time!! I've enjoyed reading all your NaBlah posts. ;)

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Ladies! And, for a bit of UBI, Steven Page and Ed Robertson went to my highschool! We saw Steven Page at the Liquor Store last Christmas and Greg went over to talk to him. He's a really down to earth guy.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, if you like Canadian Music, you might want to check out the band Blue Rodeo. They are a bit country but one of my all-time favourites too. They had a cameo in that movie with Meryl Streep "Postcards form the Edge." Meryl loves them too!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LIVE two minutes from Birchmount stadium!
When are you coming to Toronto?!

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com