Sunday, November 12, 2006

Killer Bug Two



(Click for better view)

I went outside today to check out my rose and that same bug was there with a new kill! Craziness. I'm happier with the feel of this picture. He was nice enough to get a little closer to the center of the rose this time.

I woke up this morning at 1:30am. I've got some things running around in my brain and I'm starting to lose sleep over it. I'm like the walking dead today. I know I'm supposed to be productive, or enjoy the weather, but I'm not feeling much of anything today, least of all productive and not at all about enjoying anything.

I did, however go to a one year-old's birthday party today. I'm not too hip on what kids like or need, so I opted for a Target gift cert. Is that weird? I figure the parents can get her something she needs.

I got some really good news yesterday. Ryan ordered me this lens this year for my birthday. He ordered in at the beginning of July and every 2 weeks they send him an order update letting him know that the delivery has been delayed again. Well yesterday the notice was that they SENT IT. I'm so excited. I'm hoping to trade in the two lenses I have now for a nice wide-angle. New lens photos coming soon!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how it looks like the middle of the flower is glowing :-)

3:29 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WONDERFUL SHOT!!!! What lens are you using here?

It's a terrific picture, again!

Michele sent me!

3:31 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WONDERFUL SHOT!!!! What lens are you using here?

It's a terrific picture, again!

Michele sent me!

3:31 PM  
Blogger atpanda said...

I'm just using my 18-55mm lens here. Can't wait to get my new lens!!

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice shot =) pro quality =D

gonna invest in a macro lens now? or some extension tubes (which i would recommend)

12:26 PM  
Blogger Bobkat said...

I love this picture. It really is a nice composition. Sorry to hera that your buzzing brain is keeping you up. I know how that can be so I hope it lets you sleep soon.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take any pics of the birthday party?? I've not seen any recent pics of her (Shaylas little girl right?) If I'm wrong and wrong little girl..sorry.. But I'm pretty sure the dates on that are right because she was about 6weeks at Mattmas last year...Not to say that you don't have any other friends who could have possibly had a child with a birthday this week..

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com