Thursday, November 09, 2006

I'm a Slaaave to You

I admit it! I have a problem. I am totally, completely obsessed with reading tabloid gossip about celebs. I find myself giving Ryan updates on those people's love lives and who is having a baby, but to be truthful I think he only listens because he knows that occasionally Perez Hilton has nip slips and other um, accidental flashings. Today I've been obsessively reading about Britney and her sham of a marriage to the greasiest human on the planet. Why do I even care? But I do feel really sad that while these people fall victim to their skewed view of reality, their children suffer.

I'm going to the hospital for a little procedure on Fred the Mysterious Neck Lump tomorrow. Its no big deal, honestly, but I'm not too thrilled about it. The big 'C' word has sort of become my life lately and I'm not ready for anyone else (in this case: me) to be affected. I saw an ad with Lance today that really made me feel all kinds of better about what's going on right now. That man is amazing. I feel like if you could bottle up his courage and will to win, we could really make a difference.

Happier things: thank you to the people who wrote and asked me about Karma. She's a happy puppy! I'm convinced she must have been in pain before because since her surgery she's been super active and cheerful. My dad, who has had many awesome dogs including his current one, told me the other day that Karma is the best dog he's ever had in his life. I couldn't agree more. Why can't dogs live as long as humans? I can't believe my baby is already 6.

Because this is the most random post ever.... My girlfriend africankelli sent me an article from the NY Times the other day that talked about how people of my generation really like to have something to complain about or be upset about. I'm not really explaining that right, and I've had a glass of wine so I'm too lazy to go find it, but basically it was an editorial from a NY woman saying that these days people don't feel the need to be overly cheerful (a la L.A., as she says), and that we're perfectly content to wallow in the things that aren't quite perfect in our lives. So how about you? Are you one of those?

Oh, and one more thing: It was 89 degrees in Phoenix today. Isn't it November? Bring on the cold and the pumpkin spice lattes!

(Can you tell NaBloPoMo is killing the little creativity I had?)

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I hope everything goes well with the procedure.......

it was 68 degrees today in NJ...it was beautiful...but creepy for November

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're ok; I'm glad Karma is ok, and I've noticed that about my late 20 early 30 something friends!

6:41 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Well, for those who wallow, my over-optimism balances it all out!

1:52 PM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

Bigs hugs to you. I am sure everything will be ok.

89 degrees??? I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am.

It's too funny I was thinking of you the other night when I was at my 2nd job (waitressing) when we had a party of 100 firefighters come in (I was in my glory!) I was like.. wow Amanda must get to have fun like this all the time!

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com