Thursday, November 16, 2006

Happy Blogday to Me and Monkey Business

I got so wrapped up in NaBloPoMo that I completely forgot to celebrate my Blog Birthday! November 5th was the 2nd anniversary of Putting Out Fires. I've 'met' some really great people through this blog, been inspired by some, been entertained by others. Because of this blog I found photography, the new love of my life. I know it sounds cheesy, but I see the world differently. I see beautiful things in places I wouldn't normally have noticed. And while I make an attempt to be a little entertaining, this blog has been good for ME because I can go back and read through the last 2 years of my life because its all out there. Well, not ALL of it, obviously, but you know... :-) So happy (belated) Blogday to me and Putting out Fires.

And now let's talk about monkeys. Today, at a gift fair at my work, I bought my brother this flying monkey for his birthday. There were monkeys flying all over the office today. And this monkey? When you slingshot it across the room and it hits the wall, it lets out this hilarious monkey scream. AH AH AH AH!!

That lead to a conversation about pet monkeys. Which, it turns out, one of my coworkers had as a kid. He had two squirrel monkeys called Cheech and Charlie. Cheech was as sweet as could be and loved to hang out with his humans. Charlie, on the other hand, was a little devil with a bad attitude. One night the kids in the family were sitting at the dinner table eating a dessert of donuts (who gives their kids donuts after dinner?). My coworker's brother James was eating when Charlie the monkey snuck up under the table, reach his long little arm up over to the tabletop and snatched James' donut. He then took off into the living room, James hot on his heals, and scampered up the curtains (one-armed, since he had to hold his prize in the other arm) and camped out on the curtain rod. Not to be outdone by a monkey, James ran for a chair. Charlie ate that donut (almost twice his size because he was so small) as fast as he could, but hadn't gotten very far before James snatched it right back. Charlie was so angry he jumped on James, grabbed him by both ears, and bit him square on the nose.

So how about you, if you could have any fun animal as a pet, what would it be?

6 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Hmmmm....I think a fun animal to have as a pet would be a baby monkey. I wouldn't want to have a grown-up one, though, because of stuff like you wrote about....LOL

Michele sent me.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o.m.g. hahahah! That poor monkey! All he wanted was his donut, dammit!

8:19 PM  
Blogger MaR said...

Happy belated blogday to youuuu! I know, NaBloPoMo is keeping very busy too :)
It seems monkeys are fun but I could only handle that for about an hour, lol. Happy blogging!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I am such a pet lover! If I could live on a farm and keep tons of animals I would!

But I ALWAYS wanted a horse, a dolphin and a monkey.

Obviously my parents said NO to all three since we had a space issue! lol

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love monkey busniess

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that I am not surprised. Any parent that would allow two wild animals be pets to children, would no doubt serve donuts for dessert. I would love to have one of those little guys though.

We are seriously considering the purchase of a Serval cat. it's an african wildcat. Maybe when we have more land. Won't that be cool?

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com