Monday, November 06, 2006

Day 6 - How I spent my next 2 bonuses

My cubemate was complaining to me today about how he just hates the dog crap in his backyard. It makes him mad at the dog when he has to pick it up. He can't wait to 'get rid' of the dog. A dog who is about 10 years old and has been part of his family for probably that long. I can't even begin to fathom these feelings about a dog. Dogs, who greet you at the door because their whole day revolves around you. Dogs who know when you're sad and can make you feel better with a lick or a cuddle. Dogs who remind you that its time to go outside and enjoy the beautiful day with a walk.

I know some people will understand this, and some will think I'm insane. Our Karma D. Bear cracked a tooth and developed an absess. That's serious stuff. If ignored, she could die. We had two choices: 1. Have the tooth pulled for the cost of a plane ticket to Hawaii or 2. Have the tooth root canaled and filled for the cost of a plane ticket to Australia. The problem is that my Bear is 5 years old and needs that big back tooth for crunching hard food.

I was sitting in the living room the other day looking at the XBox we bought on a whim this year and I thought, "How can I justify buying that thing, and not spend a few hundred dollars more to keep my furry baby healthy?" So we forked out the money and Karma had a nice nap today and woke up with a new tooth. When she came out of the back room all loopy and silly from the drugs, she had nice fresh puppy breath (strawberry bubble gum flavored toothpaste!) and a shiny, healthy mouth, I felt like we'd made the right decision.

So how about you? How much would you pay for the health of your furry family member? Is there a limit?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I could put on my credit card, if I couldn't pay cash. My dogs are my babies!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!

I would do WHATEVER it took to make my baby ok! BTW? His name is BEAR too!

11:01 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I wouldn't want to go into debt for an animal; God knows I have enough debt already. But my animals have always been important to me, and luckily, I have never been faced with that decision.

Thanks for the visit! I loved your England photos (the bridge and the Abbey). I looked around for the Stonehenge pics, but I couldn't find them. I'd love to see Stonehenge, if you have time to send the link. Thanks!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I think I would spend a lot. I love my doggie so much. I wouldn't want to keep him in any sort of pain tho...!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com