Friday, November 10, 2006

Day 10 and still blogging!

This post-a-day thing is killing me. I found a NaBloPoMo randomizer and I've been cruising around trying to meet new people, but about every 3rd person's current post says, "Well, I just don't have the time or the penchance for insanity to continue..." But you know what? Amanda? Hangin' strong people! It's like a blog marathon and I'm passing all those other folks who stopped running and are sitting on the curb. Woo!

Needle biopsy? Not as fun as its name might lead you to believe. But it wasn't totally painful and Fred and I survived. This 'procedure' consists of the pathologist taking a syringe and jabbing the needle in and out really fast to get the gunk all broken up in Fred and shoved up in the needle. Oh, you were eating? Sorry 'bout that. I'll know what's going on Monday. I don't have any real worries though.

Today I saw Catch a Fire with a girlfriend. It was a great movie and I didn't realize until the very end that it was a true story about a Freedom Fighter during the apartheid in South Africa. I left the theater and said to my friend that I couldn't believe that something as horrible as that happened like 10 years ago. Then I realized that I was being an idiot. That kind of thing is STILL going on. I highly suggest this movie (although maybe not for $9.00 a person when you can wait a few months and get it for $3 at Blockbuster. boo movie theaters).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hanging in there with you!!! And I'm wishing you good luck for the results.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Queen of Light and Joy said...

Sis'ta! Listen day 11 and I am still kick'in it old skool, and your right around the day 9-10 mark I thought I was going to poke my eye out with a yellow higlighter but it's getting easier. My soul is getting lighter, my posts are getting crazier, my writing funnier, my spelling atrotious AND i have more things to say. Stay strong! MoPoLoGoDooRoFoMo live on!!
*whispers* I'm not sure I'll do this again next year *wink smile*
p.s-Michele sent me

5:14 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Some good scrabble words there.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com