Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Almost halfway through NaBloPoMo!

Hey all! I got my fancy shmancy lens! I'm so excited and spent most of the day at work thinking about all the fun I was going to have with it tonight. My new lens and I are having some growing pains though. I'm overexposing all my pictures. I've checked all the settings, taken into account the new lens when thinking about the aperture settings, blah de blah, and I just haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet. So tonight is practice night.

For today's post I thought I'd give you links to a few sites I'm digging. This first one is an oldie for me, but I've gone back to it for ideas of photography projects in the hopes that I'll wrangle this camera yet. This 'class' is excellent for beginners, but it is also great for people who think they know their camera but could use a refresher on the basics. And if you don't fit into either of those two categories, then I suggest you take a look at the 'assignments' attached for each lesson.
You'll find some inspiration there. Here's the link.

Another photography link for you is Ken Rockwell. If you aren't already obsessed with Ken, you probably should be. Any answer you could be looking for in the shape of explanations, reviews (which he does a GREAT job giving), and hints can be found with him. Most of the camera equipment I've bought on his suggestion, including my NEW LENS.


And last, but definitely not least for today, is bloglines. Bloglines allows you to track all the blogs you're into by letting you know if each has updated. Its really easy to use, and I've gotten a whole lot better at commenting on my favorites' sites as a result. They also have a nifty button for your toolbar that allows you to add a site that you're currently looking at straight to your watch list. Check it out!


Oh wait, did I say that was it? One more link to my most favorite video possibly ever on YouTube. Enjoy!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take this picture with the new lens?

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com