Monday, October 30, 2006

Today? Can bite me.

I'm on a bit of an emotional rollercoaster lately. Lots of not-so-great things going on, but that's life, eh? I'm in a pissy mood, and when I'm pissy I try to stay away from the blogging. Because anything typed into a computer when angry just can't be good. BUT, because I'm a glutten for punishment, I signed up for NaBloPoMo at fussy which means I've managed to get myself on the hook for one blog post every day from now until the end of November. Crazy you say? Idiocy aimed for people who have a lot more interesting things to talk about then me you say? Yeah well, tough. I've got this pretty blog here and I intend to use it. So brace yourself.

And today kids, our theme is People On My Shitlist. Oh shit I said shit! Oh well. Sorry mom. (you don't still read this, do you mom?) OK, first is my friends at Sirius. I have a love affair with my Sirius. I would give up my cable for Sirius (oh wait, no maybe not). I've campaigned for people to get their own Sirius! You'll love it! I swear! Its the future of entertainment while driving! But then I decided to get Ryan his own car unit and things went downhill fast. Long story short, I've now made 16 calls to Sirius regarding a non-functional radio and finally the sweet sound of UPS ringing the doorbell came last Saturday. Thank you man in incredibly tight brown pants. Thank you for bringing us the Sirius. And then I triumphantly stuck the replacement unit in the car.... AND IT DOESN'T WORK EITHER. I feel like I've been totally screwed and there's no way for me to fight that company. They've got the duck and cover down pat.

But the real reason I'm pissed today is because yesterday some nice girl at our local Target called to say she'd found Ryan's cell phone in the store, saw the 'Home' number in there, called us, then carefully placed the phone behind the guest services desk. So Ryan happily drove over there. No one knew what he was talking about. So he came home (the people in red scared him) and called them a few more times. Me, looking for a fight already today, I drove right over there when I got home and watched them search. They found a phone! Rapture! But it wasn't Ryan's. So they dig more. Long story short again, they GAVE HIS PHONE TO A RANDOM PERSON EARLIER. Oh and Verizon? Doesn't see fit to have an emergency line open this late. Ahhh, that bill for calls to Titikaka are going to hurt.

So that's all. Welcome to Day One of self-inflicted mandatory blogging. More fun to follow.

2 Comments:

Blogger African Kelli said...

Dude. Bad day. Did you find the phone yet?

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks! Sorry to hear about the phone thing..Oh and, I hear you on the Sirius thing. Comcast (our cable) is on my Shitlist..If I accidentally delete one more show because of their stupid delay.....

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com