Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Reunion from... Oh Wait!

OK, so I stressed big time about my high school reunion. You know what? It really wasn't that big of a deal. I was lucky in two respects though: 1) I was on the reunion committee so it was part of my job to be social which made it easy and 2) I was drunk. Oh people, you don't know! I was DURUNK! I do remember the night, which is good, and I remember people who made BIG fools out of themselves, so I feel like I couldn't have been THAT bad. But what I did notice was that 10 years really adds a lot to some people, and I also realized that I'm much better off then some (thanks for the genes mom!). At any rate, the people who hung out together in high school pretty much huddled together in the usual groups at the reunion, and no one danced (except drunk me and my drunk friends) but everyone had fun. So much fun, in fact, that the place tried to kick all 300 of us out early because EVERYONE was so drunk. Here's some pics from the night (by the way, I picked the jeans and pink top outfit because I felt hot in it, and it turned out to be the right choice!):




The girl in the top pic on the bottom right is Roxanne Wilson, for anyone who watches The Apprentice. Roxanne, Mini (far left) and I were good friends in high school. Roxanne and I were on swim team together, and she convinced me to join the debate team. I was relieved that she was still Roxanne, and it was really good to see her. That second picture is my brother, my husband, and Mini's husband hiding from us drunk people outside. Thanks for driving boys!


Anyway, I really did have a good time, and I'm telling you some people really embarassed themselves. Oh, and I feel like I've gotten a LOT hotter since high school, and Ryan told me afterwards that there were a few guys he wanted to pop in the nose because of how they were looking at me. HOW COOL IS THAT?! And a girl I've known since elementary, who was in my girl scout troop and I've got pictures of at my 6th birthday party, couldn't stop telling me that I
look like a supermodel. OK, so maybe she was drunk too, but still! I really did feel invisible in high school, so it was really nice. And I also realized that I really did know a lot of people in high school. I may not have been a 'popular' kid, but I was involved in a lot of stuff. (**Damn, I just went back and read that paragraph and it sounds so braggy! I didn't mean it that way, for real, but hey! Who doesn't want to look hot at their reunion?)

The next morning I had to drag my (hung over) ass out of bed to go set up for the reunion picnic. Shoot me for ever agreeing to attend that part of the weekend too. I spent the whole time hydrating under
a tree far away from the party, but my Bubble Zone was a success!


The best part about the picnic was that us drunkards were sharing a ramada with an AA group. Awesome.

I'm really proud of myself for being brave and talking to all kinds of peopleat the reunion though. At one point one of the snotty popular girls was asking me what my husband did, then what I did, and she was visibly impressed. Then she walked away. Ha! That's right girl! Remember we used to be friends and you decided I wasn't cool enough? Well look at me now!

Other then that, I've been detoxing this week (by cutting back to one or two drinks a night, with the exception of the hair-of-the-dog drinks I had on Sunday), today we went to the State Fair (where we spent $55 in about 15 minutes *sigh*), and next week we're off to MEXICO! 4 days of laying on the beach w/ my husband and my girls, drinking beer, playing football, reading magazines, drinking beer, and eating Mexican food. Mmmmm.

I promise updates more regularly. I'm recently obsessed with Flickr and spending most of my time over there.

9 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I'm happy to know your reunion went well! I'm personally rocked out of my gourd right now, so excuse anything I may write, but I'm glad to know engineers can be hot 10 yrs after high school (who knew until THIS POST).
I have this horrible mental image of how my 10 yr reunion is gonna be but maybe it'll be OK, so maybe I'll, you know, bother to show up.
Happy!

12:31 AM  
Blogger rashbre said...

Sounds like you had a great time (from what you remember!) and the stamina for the bubble zone picnic the next day!

Excellent!

And Hi, Michele sent me!

rashbre

7:14 AM  
Blogger Moogie said...

Wooot...sounds like the reunion was a blast! Glad you had such a good time.

Here via Michele! It was great to meet you!

7:28 AM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

Now THAT was a party! I wish I could have been there instead of at my own 10-year reunion - which was a complete bust because my classmates were among the most apathetic folks I've ever known.

Seriously, we called ourselves The Apathetic Ones, and barely a dozen couples showed up - including one guy who chose that day to out himself. Oh joy.

We decided then and there to never again hold another reunion. Maybe I'll attend my friends' reunions instead!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

I'm sitting here trying to decide if I should admit that I've already attended my 25-year high school reunion ... oh, did I type that out loud? Well, it's too late then. Actually I had a great time. For someone who was shy back in school, it was nice to have the adult confidence to chat up all the people from way back when.

Have fun in Mexico!

Andrew
To Love, Honor and Dismay

10:53 AM  
Blogger Sarie said...

I did not attend my last reunion (10 year). I may attend my next one....who knows.

Glad yours wasn't sooooo terrible.

Here via Michele's.

11:17 AM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

Yay!! I am so happy that things went well for you (I knew they would) And what better way to celebrate than to get drunk. Right on! Lol I love that an AA conference was in the same hotel. Thats too funny.

I have recently become obsessed with flickr too.. blogging is taking a backseat but had to come check out how the reunion was.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great time. I missed my 10 year reunion and I probably should have gone. You see, I recently found out a few things that apparently I didn't know (or had blocked out).

My class, was the bad class. We were the one that surpassed all others and still holds the record for badness, now 18 years later. (Gah, 18? I graduated 18 years ago? *sigh*)

Anyhow, they no longer make floats for homecoming because members of my class set them on fire. Nice.

So anyway, looks like I missed my big chance to get caught up with the perps, I mean, peeps (LOL!) I graduated with.

Then again, you think the local federal pen would let us rent out their dayroom?

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time at your reunion. I didn't think that you were bragging at all!
I'm thinking of switching to flickr too, for some reason, picasa won't work for me anymore.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com