Thursday, October 05, 2006

Is it Monday Yet?

An interesting commentary on clothes picked by men vs. women: I asked the Internet (in all its wisdom), the men at my work (because there's no women there), my husband, and my girlfriends for advice on my reuion outfit crisis. Almost without exception the guys all picked the jeans and pink top, and the girls all picked the dress. So what are we saying here? Men prefer women to look more casual? They prefer more cleavage? Women prefer a woman who's more dressy? I don't know, but it is interesting... At any rate, I'm still torn, but my husband (who's REALLY good with clothes, better than me) loves the jeans and pink top, and I feel totally hot in it. Thank you all for your input!

I think I'm concentrating on the clothes so I don't have to deal with the fact that MY TEN YEAR REUNION IS THIS WEEKEND. We (the committee) created a group page for the reunion on myspace, and people have been bantering back and forth about all kinds of things from travel arrangements to what we're wearing (a post which SHOULD have been helpful to me, but wasn't). Anyway, there's a thread called "Who remembers me?" and the replies go on for 5 pages. Most of the replies go something like this, "Um, hi. Does anyone remember me? I'm sure you probably don't". Good to know that I'm not alone in that fear. Can't wait for the weekend to be over. For once I'm looking forward to Monday.

*************
OK, I guess I don't REALLY need to chronical my fun time in the bar
with the firefighters after the run, but I'll throw up a couple pictures since I promised. :-)







That middle one is one of the bagpipe players. He was in the bar with his bagpipes in one hand, and a beer in the other. I just had to take his picture. Some of these guys were STILL at Suspenders drinking when we came back 5 hours later. And we ran into those same guys for the next 3 or so hours in Greenwhich. Those boys are CRAZY.

So I'm done recapping my trip. I swear I could go on for at least 2 more posts about NY because it was just such a great trip. The 4 of us who hung out got really close on this trip, and Keith (the blonde guy in the pictures) actually sent Ryan and me a thank you note! I think we all kind of miss each other. I've offered to drive their drunk asses to Oktoberfest tomorrow, so yahoo! Reunion!

If I don't post before the weekend, here's wishing you all a fun-filled, beer drinking, dancing on tables weekend!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...I think it just heated up in here! YUM! So cute...hehe

9:43 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I'm suprised the men picked the dress. I thought they wanted cleave and legs.

(followed you over from Fitena's blog)

2:40 PM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

K serioulsy. I need to take a little trip out there so you can introduce me to some figherfighter hotties. Can't wait to hear about the reunion!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com