Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Did I Mention That I Like to Drink?

We went to the state fair last weekend and I dropped my sunglasses in a toilet. And then I stuck my hand in there and pulled them out. True story.

We're off to Mexico in a day! Many beers on the beach. Sadly, I may be drinking beers alone. My girls'll be drinking all kinds of fancy concoctions (they make me sick to my stomach), and Ryan's been
told by the doctor that he can't drink this weekend. That's right everyone, Ryan picked up a little sickly bug and is on meds that don't let him drink. What's Mexico without drinking?! Poor guy.

At any rate, for those of you who aren't from Arizona, we're off to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point to the gringos). Its about a 4 hour drive from Phoenix, and its a town that once survived on its fishing
industry, but now survives on American dollars. I've been going to Rocky Point since I was a baby, at least a few times a year, and I've seen it grow from a little tiny town with no paved roads, no condo buildings, and fish market guys who remembered you from time to time and rewarded you with special fish if you remembered to bring him his Bud Light from the States.

But my Rocky Point grew up with me. I complain a lot about the high-rises that went in on Sandy Beach where I used to camp, and
about all the restaurants that sit where weekend trailer parks used to be the norm. But now I stay in the condos (but the OLD ones that are all one-story so you get your own beach front) and I spend the nights bar hoping on the well populated strip of clubs. So that's what we'll be doing this weekend. Picture me on my private beach during the day, and drinking under the palapas at night. Oh, and I'll also be spending my money on 'Rodeo Drive' where the chitzy shops are. And drinking beer, did I mention that? (Is there an alcoholic theme to this blog?) (oh, and tequila) (oh and its a good thing Ryan'll be there {sober} to walk me home)

So its that time of year again. This time last year I pleaded with you, The Internet, to PLEASE HELP ME. It is October 17th, which means I'm approximately 2 months behind in making my gifts for my girlfriends. My 6 girlfriends and I have this 10-or-so year-old tradition of giving everyone gifts. Last year my mother-in-law saved
my hide by helping me come up with the idea to make these adorable bread towels, which I put in cute baskets, and filled with little bread loaves and their recipes. This year I'm drawing a blank again. I know that at least one of my girls is well into her gift making, so I better get on it soon. Help!

I'll try one more post tomorrow before I pack for MEXICO!!!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to have a lime margarita for me! You can even say "this one's for Kross-Eyed Kitty!" that way, if you get too drunk, you can blame me!

10:43 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I wish I had known you were going to the fair. I would have LOVED to have gone with you. I really want to see the quilts.

1:40 PM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

You are soo lucky to live so close to what sounds like an amazing place!

Gifts for girlfriends... I could use some help here too. We do the same thing (me and my girlfriends and I am soo not crafty). I think you should chose some of your awesome photos and make a cool frame for them. Your photography is so great it would really mean something to share that with your friends. And how could they not love it!!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com