Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Costume.... or disguise?

Hey all! Day 2 of month o' blogging and I'm much more cheerful today. And to be fair, I should start by swallowing my pride a little and admitting that I was a bit quick in being pissy at Target yesterday. Whether out of the goodness of their hearts, or out of fear of me (grrrr!) the good ladies at Target went out of their way for us last night and found Ryan's phone! And on a Sirius note: to be fair maybe my standards are a little too high. Maybe I'm just expecting too much to think that I should actually HEAR the radio I'm paying a monthly fee for. So, I'm sorry Sirius for going off on your product which was obviously DESIGNED to be crappy, so I should just suck it up. Right?

I'm currently sitting in my house. Alone. Dressed as an angel. Oh you thought adults didn't dress up for trick-or-treating? This is one of my most favorite holidays! Ryan's schedule is a little messed up this
week, so I'm passing out candy alone for right now. (He's passing out candy with the fire crew at a park in the city he works in) Before sunset I took the doggies on a run in our new neighborhood to see what's going on. They had their costumes (read: Halloween collars) on so we met all kinds of nice people. People in this neighborhood actually have parties in their driveways with firepits and beer for Halloween! I love my neighborhood!

Off to see if I can find any raisin packages or quarters or something. The candy's running out fast! (and is a dinner of Corona and Snickers a healthy diet?)



***Candy update: I ran out of candy a half hour ago. Then I ran out of quarters. So I went to the store (as an angel) and grabbed 4 more bags of candy. And now I've been sitting here for 10 minutes with no Halloweenies to feed. I swear if I get stuck here with this candy..... it'll sit in the cupboard until next year.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get thosewings at Fry's? I swear I bought myself the same pair. . . .

8:55 PM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Quarters. I love that you started giving out money. I would have just turned off the light!

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next year (if the candy doesn't last that long) check out The Oriental Trading Company! They have COOL stuff that you can hand out that isn't candy! So that if you do have leftovers..it's not the chocolately kind of leftovers..lol Love the costume!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your costume...you look tres angelic!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com