Friday, September 01, 2006

Weird little man over the wall

In April I started a new job with a new, very odd, group. There are 12 of us in my group, and 11 of the 12 are very strange characters. Me being the normal one, of course! Anywho... I'm telling you, there's some weird ones in this group. There's the 72 year-old guy who spends his day at work yelling at customer service reps at various cell phone or insurance companies on the phone. Then there's the stooped over little man who when our boss' uncle (who none of us knew existed) died, he went around with a notebook writing down who was or was not going to the funeral. So he could report it to our boss. Or how about the man over my left wall who makes it his business to make sure that my friend Brad and I stay our full 8 hours, and who just today confiscated the paper football we were playing with in our staff meeting. Yeah, he's a lot of fun.

But a guy in our group who is good for some entertainment is the guy over the wall behind me. We'll call him Dan. Well Dan has an affinity for women he meets on the Internet. He recently bought a Lexus because it is a 'chick magnent', and just today he insisted that I smell his new cologne (which he was wearing) and give my opinion. He's harmless, but odd. And the oddest thing about our friend Dan is that he likes to attract attention by talking to himself loudly at his desk all day, waiting for one of us to comment.

Thus, our new blog entertainment. I've been keeping myself busy lately by writing down some of the fun things that Dan says loud enough for someone to hear 3 isles overs. Hey! It beats mind sweeper. So here we go...

Heard on Wednesday August 30th:
Cool beans!
Yeah baby!
You people!
Oh my goodness....
Ohhhhh!
*sigh*
*whistling*
Ohhhhhhh.... Boogers boogers boogers
Oh baby! This guy is good! Watch out!
*humming*

*whistling*
Red rover red rover
File, Open, new... yes!
One quickie look, there we go.
Oh yeah baby!
Out of freaking office?!
Can you imagine listening to that all day? Yeah, well, add on to that the fact that the man knows his Broadway musicals like no straight man should, and he sings them all day. So there you go. Look forward to more entertaining Dan outbursts.

Can't tell you how excited I am about NYC. I haven't been sleeping because my mind is racing about what we'll do on the trip. Tomorrow the guys are having a car wash to raise money for the charities supported by the run. I'm also soliciting donations from people I know (so if I know you in real life, please consider sending a donation with me to NY).

Oh, and I'm so obsessed with working out to get ready for the run and the reunion that today (my day off from working out) after drinking two beers I felt so guilty that I took the dogs for a 2 mile run. And actually? Running while slightly drunk is fun. Maybe I'll add more drunk runs into my training. :-) Later!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracie Nall said...

Dan sounds like a very "special" man. I can't say that I am sad I don't have to spen 8 hours a day listening to him....

Michele says hi!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

Ugh. I can't stand it when people whistle in an enclosed place. Drives me nuts!
My personal favourite drinking activity is cleaning the house. Just somehow makes it fun. Try it sometime!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that Dan would annoy me more than entertain me. You have my sympathies on working with him. LOL!

And guilt after beer, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I've recently started running (slowly mind you, I'm 35 and have never run before). I'm running M W and F and planned not to run yesterday due to camping. I felt guilty between that and the beer I drank, so I was running to the bathroom. LOL!

10:25 AM  
Blogger M said...

Ah, life in cubeland.... never dull! Or always dull, depending on which way you slice it.
I'm jealous that you get to play with a paper football in staff meetings. I dread staff meetings because they just turn into berating sessions... are you guys hiring?? I got a ring and everything.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

whats wrong with cool beans? I say cool beans? am i wierd and i didn't even know it...i hate it when that happens!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com