Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New York IS a Wonderful Town

I just don't even know where to start. Ryan and I had the best time on our trip. Hands down the best part was the run. It was amazing and unreal. The weirdest part was actually being in that place where 9/11 happened. With the people it happened to. Running that same path that Steven Siller ran from his truck in Brooklyn to the world trade center in an attempt to save lives when he could very easily have kept going towards home. And the support of the New Yorkers for us having come all that way, and the extreme generosity of the New York firefighters.

I've taken lots of pictures and I have lots of stories, but I'll never be able to put into words the feeling of it all. New Yorkers may have a repuation for being cold and a little rude, but we saw a different side of New York this weekend.
We saw the most amazing things, and met amazing people. Tomorrow night I'll post details of the trip, tonight I'm just trying to come back down to earth.




2 Comments:

Blogger Ramona said...

Can't wait to hear all about it, Firegirl! Sounds like you had a very memorable time.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the motion in that second picture! Glad you had an interesting time in NY :-)

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com