Sunday, August 06, 2006

Inspired

The prospect of my new lens has kicked my creative bug into gear. My lens is still about 3 weeks away and I'm dying here!

Yesterday I was driving around with Ryan and for some reason the city seemed a little off. Something wasn't right with what I was seeing out the car window. It was color! Everywhere! Now that the monsoon finally delivered we've got flowers dotting the desert. The most amazing flower is this purple one that is everywhere. And we Phoenicians really notice when there's colors added to our normal colors of browns and dark browns. People have been talking about the flowers everywhere I go! So of course I had to take some pictures.






The water lilies are actually from my parents' backyard. They've got a gorgeous koi pond back there.

So I was at my parents house to pick my mom up for a day of museum tromping. We hit the Heard Museum in downtown Phoenix. It is a museum dedicated to Native American art, but it also houses traveling exibits of all sorts. In my next post look for pictures of art using Coleman ice chests and Ikea furniture pieces. Um, yeah... I'm telling you, if that's art, how come I'm not famous by now?

Busy weekend. On Friday I went to a surprise b-day party with a 'Crazy Hat' theme. I think I've mentioned before that besides my girlfriends Ryan and I hang out w/ people considerably older than us. The party was for one of our best friends who turned 47. Ryan was working, so I flew solo (which REALLY sucks at a party). So here I am, the youngest person by at least 15 years and I left at 9pm to calls of "Wuss! You can't be ready for bed YET can you??". Yeah, I'm the oldest 28 year-old on the planet. We also went to an ice cream party last night (think 15 pints of Ben and Jerry's, one spoon for each of the 8 people there, mmmmm) and then on to a firefighter party. Man those firefighters can drink.

Big week this week! We're off to Vegas on Thursday. We're going to the new Beatle's Cirque du Solei show. Go ahead and be jealous. I'll bring back lots of pictures for sure.

Off to have my Sunday beers!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Do you think we could take one of those fish out and watch it flop around for a minute? We won't let it die or anything." hehehehehe

5:46 PM  
Blogger atpanda said...

HA! KC YOU DRUNKARD!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Michele sent me.
You'll love the cirque de Soleil I'm sure. We saw a different show of their a month or so ago.

Those pictures are lovely rests of the eyes, perfect food for the mind before I settle off to bed.

:)

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine purple flowers stand out in Phoenix.

We were lucky enough to be in Vegas in March 2005 and drove up to Death Valley to see it in bloom. It was breathtaking.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures are gorgeous! As for the lilypads...never know what's lurking underneath (http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=31054789&size=o) hehehe

Oh man, yeah, I remember those firefighter parties! I made a cake in the shape of a fire engine for my ex once...transported it to the party house, every ooohed and aaaahhhhed over it...and then a drunk firefighter fell on top of it ROFLMAO!

Glad things are looking up for you!

And OMG I AM so jealous you're going to see Love!!! I want to hear all about it, I'm going to go in October, I think.

4:58 AM  
Blogger Young Lady said...

My brother in law is a fireman, and you are not kidding, they have bottomless pits.
Your pics are gorgeous

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Yes, we drink. And yes, we can drink alot. But think about it, we play hard too. And we have to be good at something so why not drinking? Drinking sure beats eating donuts. Enjoy Las Vegas!!!!!

12:55 PM  
Blogger carrster said...

I'm jealous of you going to see LOVE too! *sigh* Enjoy and tell us all about it.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com