Monday, July 31, 2006

High School: Not for the faint of heart

I know this sounds stupid since I'm JUST 28, but I'm feeling old lately. And I'm telling you the first thing to go is the metabolism. I'm ultra sensitive right now because we're going to Vegas next week (where I want to look cute) and The Reunion is coming up quickly. So I'm really working hard at the gym, and I've cut back on my food a lot. I'm serious! No cheating! Well, except for the weekends... ;-) But I'm not having a single drink during the week. I swear!

So right now Ryan and I are sitting on the couch. Me blogging. Him playing Xbox. Both of us doing facials. Shhh! Don't tell him I told you.

I haven't been taking pictures lately. I know it frustrates Ryan. He's always got a million hobbies going on and he's excited that I've finally found something I'm passionate about. But I'm just out of ideas. Am I too black and white for something so artsy? I'm hoping that my new lens will get me going again.

Wanna hear some fun Reunion Committee stories? Oh man, do I have stories. I'll try to be nice here because I really do like these girls. OK, so the biggest shocker of the Committee is our nice Mormon girl. She's been divorced already! I just can't believe someone my age can have 4 kids, have been divorced, and then remarried. Sounds like she's got a good one this time though. The REALLY fun story is actually one from when we were in high school. I just had never heard it before. Just goes to show that I was SO far outside the 'cool' group that I didn't hear a whopper like this. So there's this girl on our committee who was THE popular girl. Blonde. Cheerleader. Would go out of her way to make someone else feel bad about themselves. She was known for being mean. Well ANYWAY, it turns out that in high school this girl left campus w/ a friend one day for lunch and they hit the Taco Bell drive-thru. While waiting in line the two of them got into an arguement with a girl outside the car, and proceeded to beat the crap out of her THROUGH the open window. Well, the police were called and they showed up at school and arrested our poor Cheerleader and Cheerleader #2 for assult. And hauled them out of school in handcuffs in their cheerleader outfits and all. Now how come I never heard THAT story before?

The really interesting thing in all this is that there's this girl on the committee who was a cheerleader and one of the most popular girls in school. I don't think I ever talked to her back then, but I definitely knew who she was. Well she confided in a few of us over drinks one night that when the movie Mean Girls came out, she was terrified that she'd been one of the Mean Girls in high school. Isn't that weird? Just goes to show that even the popular kids went through their own things in high school.

OK, off to clean this crap off my face.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ramona said...

I have a hard time believing that you weren't cool in highschool! I guess it's because you weren't mean.
Is there still a meanstreak in these Once-upon-a-time Cheerleaders?!
Have fun in Vegas, you'll have tons of opportunities to check out that new lens.
And, for a great restaurant, I can recommend Mon Ami Gabi in the Paris Hotel. It's where we had our wedding dinner. Food was excellent.

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally. Mon Ami Gabi for lunch, though. It's tons cheaper than dinner and if you can stand the heat, sit out on the patio and people watch and watch the fountains across the street at Bellagio. Perfect lunch.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my feller is always encouraging me to hobbies as well as he has a couple that he is obsessed with.

i think dieting sucks the life out of a person really...

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com