Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What's up Doc?

Turns out that Fred the Lump is still unexplainable. I get to go to an ENT now.

OK, so my doctor's office is.... insane. I'm the first to advocate herbal remedies before drugs, but my doctor has gone too far.

I have been going to the same doctor for about 15 years now. About 5 years ago my doctor got a new office, painted everything a soothing purple color, and started talking all slow and spacey, like an Earth Child. But I'm afraid of change when it comes to medical stuff, so I keep going there.

So I get chornic cold sores. There's only one drug that works for me, and to me its like crack. If I feel that little tingle of a sore coming on and I don't have a pill on me, I freak. I've been known to leave work and drive 30 minutes home and back just to get a pill. So imagine my, um, disgust when I asked the nurse practicianor for a refill and she suggested a more 'natural' solution: ear wax. That's right kids, she wanted me to dig right in my ear and slap some of that stuff right on my lip.

Well, when I went in today to get my test results (which for the most part didn't have any answers at all, only promises of more tests a few months down the road), I told the NP that I am absolutely insane over my lack of sleep the last month or so. I've been waking up every night at 3am and then tossing and turning the rest of the night. I've been having crazy dreams about dating the Barenaked Ladies, bad dreams about Ryan at work, weird dreams about stuff going on at my work... I can't stop my brain from working at night. And the more I try to stop thinking, the crazier my brain gets.

So I mention it to the NP about my sleeping problem and she tells me that I need to 'journal' before bed. What kind of doctor is this? Seriously, the whole place is insane.

In other news: the reunion committee drama continues. You ever been on an email stream where someone accidentally hits the 'reply all' button instead of just 'reply', then proceeds to talk crap about someone? Yeah, that totally happened this weekend and CHAOS! There was cat fighting back and forth all weekend, threats of defecting, threats of overthrowing leaders... Ahhh yes, my new entertainment.

Tomorrow I get to work at the normal 6am, and I have a meeting at 5pm. Yikes! Long day tomorrow, huh?

Oh and also! I got a question about the big brown apocalypse cloud that came through Phx yesterday on 6/6/06. Ha! This made national news? You're kidding right? Yep, that went right through my area. But it really was just a dust storm (actually, hysterically called a 'haboob'). We get them every summer. I guess it has something to do with the heat and the front of the cloud system collapsing and rushing through the Valley. So anyway, there you go. :-)



Enough randomness for you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, that 666 thing made me laugh... Alot.

Sheesh.

Perhaps I should go and look at the news and all the crazy people now before I miss it all. I have, for the most part, been at work or out all night.

Good luck with the ENT! I'm sure you'll get some answers soon.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

Ear wax?! Come on... (did you try it?! LOL!)
When I lived in Saudi, we had the occasional dust storm...crazy!!! I have never experienced anything like it since, it's pretty disgusting.
The committee thing sounds TOO funny! I can see how that would be highly entertaining.
And sleeplessness...well, I know exactly what you mean. I think of it as sleep anxiety, because the earlier I have to get up, for sure, the worse I'm going to sleep I'm so worried about having to get up so early. I usually blog then, but it doesn't really help get me back to sleep.

7:48 AM  
Blogger M said...

INTERnational news.... I'm in Canada, remember?

The "not sleeping" thing, yeah, I've got that too. Directly attributable to work. Don't need an MD to tell me that.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

Ooooo, I just experienced one of those email disasters recently. I'm glad I wasn't one of the main players...it was pretty ugly.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com