Thursday, May 18, 2006

Time Traveled back to High School

Don't you hate when people who ditch their blog for a week apologize for it? Well I won't do that... I'll just say that creatively I'm totally drained. I think I'm feeling so blah about blogging and photography because the heat has come finally. Its been 103-104 degrees every day for the last week. Add to that the fact that everything is so dry and ugly right now, I just can't get excited about taking pictures. And I'm now back to work, nothing exciting going on, no new places to visit, so I'm just..... bored.

But I do have some news to share. Last night I went to Mini's house because she was hosting the 10 year reunion committee meeting and I couldn't help but be curious about these people. When they all came in the door, I felt all invisible. A few of the girls actually introduced themselves to me. As if I'd never met them before in my life. I had to bite my tongue so I didn't say, "Um, I KNOW who you are. We've been in school since elementary". Just like high school. *sigh* So I hid in the kitchen with Ryan and Min's husband. But Mini found me. And rightfully accused me of hiding. So I went out and participated.

And you know what? It was totally entertaining. Oh the drama! The girl who has taken charge of the planning is so hilariously type-A that she brought us all pencils with horses on them (our mascot was a Mustang), and for the girl who was calling in on a speaker phone the lead girl brought a picture of her to tape to the phone so we could all visualize her. Oh, and that's just the beginning of the drama. I have a feeling me being on this committee is going to give me lots to write about on this blog. Oh wait, that's right. I said I was on the committee. Ryan thinks I'm nuts (and tells me so), and maybe I am, but I just need something to fill my time and I love planning events, so....

Well, tonight I just got back from meeting with a girl I was friendly with in high school and it was great. She's nice and I bet there's more beers in our future. Its been hinted to me by some that its kind of weird to just get together with someone you haven't seen in 10 years and start hanging out. Well you know what? Shush. I'm all for new friends, you know? And it turns out that my adult self and her adult self have a lot to talk about! So there.

So tomorrow I'm going to Prom. Yeah that's right folks, you read it correctly. Its Mini's b-day and the party is '90s prom themed. So expect to see pictures of me with big hair in a prom dress. It really has been a week of looking back...

7 Comments:

Blogger Ramona said...

Oooooooh. You ARE brave!!! I'm glad that you are having fun doing this. It's funny to hear you talking like people wouldn't know you 'cause I look at your little pic under "About me" and I think you LOOK like you'da been in with the IN crowd!
I am certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that no one would remember me from highschool! I was the quiet one who sat at the back of the class. I got to konw the back of people's heads REALLY well!
Have fun. People are going to be AMAZED at the great woman you are now!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

You certainly are brave. After moving back home recently I live in fear of running into people I went to school with (a terribly easy feat).

I think I'd have to strangle the chick with the pencils and the picture on the speaker phone. No jury in the world would convict me.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'll second Gypsy...you are most definitely brave. I did not attend my 10 year HS reunion and it was held right down the road from where I lived at the time. I couldn't come up with a good enough reason to go. I didn't like most of them in HS, I didn't see much potential for change in any of them.

Have fun at Prom. Sounds like a total blast!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, u're nuts alright =)

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party! ...and, those darn committees: They always leave me howling.

Have fun with it all! At least you are getting reaquainted with people you liked? :)

6:07 PM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

Oh my gosh I wanna go to the prom party. I have the perfect dress! I think hanging out after 10 years with someone you were friendly with in high school ins't weird at all. Why can't an new friend happen to be someone who is an old friend?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Just a trumpet player said...

I had my 10 yeas HS reunion a couple of years ago.... Boy did we had a blast ! Funny how all the hotties have mostly traded their six pack for a beer gutt and have no hair left ?

Michele sent me. Have a great weekend !

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com