Monday, May 29, 2006

I'm in Love

Huh. I typed that title and my auto-fill in thingy told me I'd used it before. Guess I'm in love a lot....

So today Ryan and I discussed for THREE HOURS a frivolous purchase. (no one would accuse us of being spontaneous) That's right folks. After about 6 months of going back and forth about it (and braving four stores [including the dreaded Walmart!] before we finally didn't chicken out), we bought an Xbox 360 today.

Something we don't need! Something that has no actual purpose in our house! Something I never thought I wanted!

Ryan's been jones'n for an Xbox since they came out. And for as much as Ryan wants things, he hardly ever gets them. So today we splurged. Big time. And now Ryan, Lara Croft, and I are have a grand ole time on our Monday off.

So what did you do on your day off? Or did you not have the day off?

Here's to a 3-day week! (some of us are taking a sick day on Friday to go to doc's appts)

6 Comments:

Blogger Ramona said...

XBOX! OH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Greg bought an xbox a few years ago and for about 6 months straight we couldn't even have a conversation because he was so 'into' playing hockey. It was during the hockey strike that winter so it was the next best thing, I guess.
Have fun with yours, but I hope it doesn't take over!
Hope you had a great weekend!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P's favorite game-line is the Amped series. Well, the first two. Imagine how peeved I was to find out that Amped 3 is only compatible with Xbox 360. We already have Xbox and a Playstation, there is no way I'm getting another one (no matter how much the kids beg).

I'll just grumble and piss and moan about Microsoft. LOL!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I am just like you when it comes to spending more than $20 on anything.... I did this same thing when I bought my Sony Vaio and I don't regret it a bit and I hope you love your new Xbox just as much!!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am rejoining the gym.... are you still going ???

10:07 AM  
Blogger M said...

Now, your little thing that you click on to leave a comment says "take a shot." Does this mean "hit me with your best shot" (followed by "fire away!") or "fill a teeny tiny glass with something of over 40 proof and swallow it all at once"?

Please let me know. For the time being, I'll just keep on doing both.

6:27 PM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

Ooohhh so fun! I want one too. I think people would talk though if a single girl bought an xbox. Haha oh well. So many toys to buy so little time. As for the day off.. I'm a Canadian girl so it doesn't count. Wouldn't have had it off anyways. Our long weekend was last week and of course I worked!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com