Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Vacation Fever

I live for vacations. I swear, I plan for months in advance. This trip we're taking next week? That's right folks. I have spreadsheets. Spreadsheets of what to pack. Spreadsheets of restaurants to eat at. Spreadsheets with how much money things cost. I've also got a folder of printouts for kayaking places, snokeling places, things to see along our route. I have a problem. My problem is that I don't get enough vacations! I'm so excited I can barely concentrate on anything.

Some people have been writing very sweet, overly-generous comments here about my pictures. You all have no idea what that means to me. I feel so insecure about photography, honestly. I look on Flickr and I cruise through all the 'Most Interesting' pictures and I feel small. I hope some day I can take pictures like that...

I've got a new obsession lately. Ever since that evil personal trainer got ahold of me, I've been a little insane about working out. Especially running though. I never ever thought I'd be a runner again. I haven't done it since college on the forest trails in Flagstaff.

I hadn't missed a day of working out since last Wednesday, so I figured I needed a day off today. So I splurged and went shopping, which I never do, and bought 2 purses, a hat for the beach, and a new wallet. Then home to pack. First dinner though. Then I started to feel uber guilty for not having worked out. So I collared the dogs, and took off running. On a full stomach. I need a vacation from working out. Seriously, I think I've gone a little overboard.

In other news, I completed my last photo class assignment. The theme was View Your World. It was two parts: people in your world and places in your world. I submitted some of the fire pictures I took of the guys working. I also took pictures of my mom, who is so gorgeous. I couldn't take a bad picture of her.




That's her dog Shadow with her. Anyway, I wish I got more of her features. Beautiful.

I'm a little rambly today. I'm just having a hard time focusing my brain on any one thing.

Oh, and Ryan is STILL sick if you can believe it. He's got things growing in his throat, and today he still had a fever. Its been almost a week. Poor guy! Sure hope he kicks it before we have to fly this weekend...

OK, if I'm a good blogger, I'll write once more before we leave, but you never know...

9 Comments:

Blogger Ramona said...

Your mother is a lovely lady! You've captured her blue eyes perfectly.
Have a wonderful vacation...sigh...wish I was heading on one soon!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you.... can we have a night of making cookies and drinks... mmmmmm cookies and beer. great combo!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mom is beautiful! Great shot...

Hope your sweetie gets on the mend for your vacation!!

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, vacations are good. Hopefully your man is feeling better before you shove off for your destination.

I had to laugh over your spreadsheets. Your planning reminds me of a friend of mine who we now refer to as "the cruise director". She's already planned a good bit of our March 2007 joint trip (for 5 couples).

6:17 AM  
Blogger Fatma said...

She's beautiful, your mama!

Wish Ryan bon rétablissement! And have a great vacation!

Fitèna

12:23 AM  
Blogger Lurid said...

Oh man poor Ryan. I know how it is to be laid up for a long time. It freakin' sucks.

I *love* that picture of your mom. I admired it on Flickr too :)

I'm eager to see the pictures you're going to bring back from vacation. Your skills are multiplying infinitely. You rock dude :)

5:19 AM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

I love planning! All the hype before a trip is so exciting.

And never feel insecure about your photography. You are amazing.. truly. I look on flikr too and get really discouraged.. i sometimes make myslef feel better by saying that there is no way they just "took" that picture.

Have fun on your trip. Take lots of pictures :)

10:33 PM  
Blogger M said...

Spreadsheets! No! You are such an engineer... if you're running macros I'm going to have to come out there and smack you...

Good on ya for tackling the running dragon again. It's hard as hell to get back into (let me tell ya). The best thing is when you go on a long stretch of training (10 days or so)... then you take that well-deserved day off and it's like you have so much time you don't even know what to do with it... man. Good stuff.

Bon voyage!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Good Kharma Bunny said...

Amanda,
i'm doing a spring photo competition at the moment, I didn't know if you might be interested.
AS all your photos are so lovely.
al x

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com