Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Speed of Life

Life is moving insanely fast lately. Yep, this week I start my new job. Since I'm not stupid enough to talk about work on my blog, I'll just say that my job involves work that is different every single day, more international travel to places other than England for a change, and a new office that does not include mice infestations, cockroaches running at your feet in the bathroom or people who throw chairs when they are mad. I'm really excited, but at the same time I'm sad to be leaving my friends in my old job. And I'm sad that my job title won't sound as exciting.

This last weekend was a blur. Happy hours, family time, a wedding, a graduation, a party, shopping for our vacation on the beach in a week and a half.... Weekends are never long enough.

You've got to hear about this wedding though. It was freaking hilarious. This is a firefighter friend of Ryan's who was getting married. This guy is a sweetie and he was marrying the adorable mother of his child, so the wedding was sort of laid back. The 'officiant' was one of their ff friends who got himself ordained online, and who saw fit to pick up this snazzy outfit for the ceremony:


So you tell me... how smart is it to have an open bar at a firefighter wedding? Well, if their goal was to end up with nakedness, mosh pits, and drunk photographers.... then they're very smart people. ;-) OK, but for real it was a beautiful wedding and a whole lot of fun. But there really was nakedness, a mosh pit full of tuxedos, and the photographer was drunk by 8pm. I have a picture of the maid of honor taking a dollar out of his pants with her teeth, but you wouldn't want to see that, now would you?

Instead, click here for some more pictures I took at the wedding.
I am FINALLY starting to understand how to use my camera effectively. I'm still learning every day I take pictures, but at this wedding I finally figured out how to utilize my settings to photograph in low-light situations with no flash. Seriously so cool. I'm still working out the specifics, but I'm getting better. See that picture of the bride dragging the groom? No flash and it was totally darkish in that room.
So today I'll leave you with this: You know you're old when....... you get this in the mail:
"Dear Ryan,
Our records show that you havent' yet registered for the benefits of AARP membership, even though you are fully eligible...."
Ryan ACTUALLY got that in the mail. 27 is feeling older and older.

10 Comments:

Blogger jennypenny said...

Sigh I still have so much more to learn about how to use my camera to the best of its ability. I swear I will make time. Which camera is it that you have again? I have the d50.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That is the *best wedding cake topping* EVER!

Thanks for sharing the photos -- They're great!

And, darlin' 27 isn't old. Please trust me on this. Enjoy your 20s. God, I wish I was back there many times.

Then again, I am having the time of my life in my mid-30s, so it's not all bad!

11:56 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

I would have thought that by now you would have figured out that when ever you get a group of firefighters together that alcohol is pretty much automatic. At least when they are off-duty.

But it is nice to hear that everyone had fun.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

Sounds like it was a blast of a wedding! I'm liking that cake topper too...very funny!
How does one to about getting ordained on-line? I didn't know you could do that. Did the outfit come with the diploma?!

9:05 AM  
Blogger j.sterling said...

these are GREAT!!!!! GREAT i say!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Fatma said...

LOL! I actaully saw that cake topping on joe-ks.com!

The ordained friends outfit is very... uhmum orignal! lol!!!

Fitèna

11:33 PM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

International travel for work? I hate you. Uh... I mean... I'm jealous?

Great shots of the wedding! And it sounds like it was one to remember.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over from michele's again.
ahhhhhhh weddings..

8:45 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

that cake topper is awesome!!! here from michele's!

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember if I've said this, but you have a great eye. I only dabble in photography and get lucky shots every now and again (when I take the time to set it up, and I rarely take the time needed to do that). Someday I hope to grow a little more patience.

I love that cake topper, love it. I also love fun weddings like that.

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com