Thursday, April 13, 2006

In Sickness and in Health..... and One Dog for Sale

It has been four years today since I married Ryan and I haven't for a second felt like I wasn't married to the most wonderful man in the world. I know it is cliche, but I really feel like no one could be luckier. Ryan and I never fight, we're a team, we laugh so much sometimes it hurts, we dance like idiots in our living room to our music obsession of the moment, we always agree on where to travel and what to do when we get there, we take turns cooking, he is always doing little unexpected things for me, we have more fun hanging out at home just the two of us then we ever do going out with friends, we have the same life goals, the same beliefs in things that matter, and just being in the same room with him feels like a gift.

Because our big Florida trip is next week, we hadn't really planned much for our anniversary. At least I thought we hadn't. I didn't know it, but Ryan had planned a very full evening of couple's massages, wine tasting, and sushi. But, Murphy seems to be living in our house lately.

Ryan woke up this morning with a raging case of strep throat. Ryan doesn't get sick very often, but the boy is SICK. He hasn't left the bedroom all day. And not in a good way.

But I really do think that a marriage is defined by the hard moments. So instead of being disappointed, I've gotten a lot of time to think today about how really lucky I am. And I've gotten a chance to baby my man, which is important too.


****************

In other news.... Does anyone want a dog? For free? Heck, I'll PAY you. I'm too pissed to take a picture of what happened today to the carpet in my brand new house, so I'll just refer you back to the
Pink Carpet Disaster of 2005. That's right kids, that evil piece of shit dog ripped up ANOTHER carpet. IN THE NEW HOUSE! I just can't verbalize my anger over the whole thing. So I won't. I'll just resurrect this picture of Mika. Come on. You know you want her.


22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all... That man is a *keeper*!!!!111one

Secondly, happy anniversary!!! yay!

Third... sorry to hear the boy is sick. You'll have to do some catch-up fun afterwards!

And finally -- That is the most halarious photo. I laughed outloud when I saw what you did to it. Crap, that's funny. I'm so sorry to hear about your carpet, though. That does suck.

ps: Michele actually sent me, but you know I'd be by anyhow!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whew it let me on..
Over from the other Michele's.......
Checking out your BlogHer link

8:02 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

A Very Happy Anniversary and I hope your hubby will get well very very quickly!

Well...A dog that detroys. Just what I weant! (lol)
Poor guy...is he trying to tell you something?

Here from Michele tonight.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Fatma said...

Very Very Very Happy Anniverssary!!!

What did you do to the poor dog!? lol! I would have said ok, bring him over but dongs don't like me!

Fitèna

10:34 PM  
Blogger M said...

AURGH!

Thank you for convincing me that I shouldn't add a dog to my one-bedroom downtown apartment.

Happy anniversary, may all sorts of good-health breezes blow your way.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wrote an anniversary blog myself! Happy anniversary to you and I hope you have a long and lovning marriage.

~K!


P.S. Damn dog :(

3:34 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary and many, many more!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Happy Anniversary!

can't take the dog. I've got one I'm thinking of pawning off as well. :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Aw, you are such a lucky girl! I am so happy for you... and SO jealous.. lol... I hope hubby feels better soon! Michele sent me today.

7:44 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Happy Anniversary!
Dogs never mean to be bad. Neither do the cats. It is just a fact of life.

7:46 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Forgot to say, "Here from Michele."

7:51 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

Congratulations on the anniversary and your great marriage!

Dogs that rip your carpet to pieces are definitely a pain...and expensive!

Have a great weekend!

9:22 PM  
Blogger shpprgrl said...

ooops! michele sent me!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Thumper said...

Hapy Anniversary! Sorry that he's sick, tho...

And I'd totally take the dog, but having two psychotic cats....

here via Michele's :)

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Sorry to hear that Ryan isn't feeling well.. Grace and I BOTH have colds and had to deal with them while driving her to Phx.. but we made it and are now resting..sigh. Hope he feels better..and me too for that matter.

Sucks about the carpet! Damn dogs...lol

7:22 PM  
Blogger vanx said...

I want a dog. My wife doesn't....no dog.

And hey, you skipped me and went to Thumper.Check the record~,:^)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Happy Anniversary. Hope he gets feeling better soon. Michele sent me.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you sound like me and my husband. We are extremely close and happy. And it was funny that I just posted on the damage my pups did over the weekend.

Just visiting but I hope to return. I like your site and the fact you have a good relationship!

Hope he feels better soon and Happy Anniversary.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Likewise on the congrats, but I have a request, too - the Florida trip you mentioned? Please don't give your dog a one-way ticket here.

Though I can't say I'd blame you if you did...
:-D
(and thanks for visiting, I appreciate your comment on the upcoming family portrait!)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wishing you many more happy, love-filled years.

Can't take the pooch off your hands, sorry. We've already got three holy terrors of our own.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (a little late). Hopefully Ryan is feeling much better by now.

And sorry to hear that you've lost more carpeting to the hound.

Reminds me of the time we left ours home and he ate a moose (footstool, that is). We think it was giving him the evil eye and he just took. It. Out. LOL!

I should dig out the picture of the headless moose and post it.

7:14 AM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

Awww puppy. You won't be able to stay mad for long; I guarantee it. Who could stay made a such a cutie! That's too bad that your anniversary plans didn't work out like you thought they would but sometimes the best and most memorable nights are the unexpected ones.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com