Saturday, April 01, 2006

FIRE!

Well all, Ryan got hit with mandatory today. Bummer! But I had the BEST DAY. This morning I got up and had breakfast in the GOREGEOUS Arizona weather, then I ran my entire neighborhood with the dogs. I have never run that far before! Then while cupcakes were baking I layed outside with an awesome book and got my tan ready for Florida.

THEN I went and indulged in a new lens for my camera!! I got a freaking awesome 70-300mm (telephoto) lens. Woo hoo!

And if all that weren't enough, Ryan's engine was a man short today so I got to ride! It doesn't happen very often so I was thrilled. So with new lens in hand and a lot of hope that something exciting would happen, I grabbed the cupcakes and headed down.

The boys and I went grocery shopping, had some coffee, and had just started cooking when they got called to a ripping car fire. Woo hoo! And me with a shiny new lens. It was perfect. The captain seemed really excited to have me taking pictures, and my lens let me stand really far away and still get some good shots. And since Ryan in the 'firefighter' (that's his actual title as opposed to engineer or medic...), he does the work. So lots of great pics of Ryan. Click on this shot to see the slideshow:


Great, huh? It was so exciting, and it was really hard to not embarass him because I was really proud.
I've got another totally exciting day tomorrow too. I love when a weekend of no plans turns into a weekend of so much fun its hard to fit it all in! And I've got 2 weddings in the next week, so I'm excited to see if I can manage to get any good shots there.
So what's everyone else doing this weekend? I can tell you for sure what I'm not doing tonight... I'm not watching Ghost Hunters and then White Noise in a dark house all alone like I did last night. I'd like to actually get some sleep tonight. ;-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarie said...

Awesome photos.


hello via Michele's M&G

9:48 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

I love these images. Tack sharp and fabulously composed.

I call the 75-300 lens on my Nikon "boomer". I love how it lets me stay on the fringes and pick off images without affecting what's going on. When I attach it to a DSLR - working on a D70s now...hope to have it soon - relative focal length will go up by a factor of 1.5, so I'm looking forward to the added reach.

Ah, I love this stuff! It's great to cross electrons with others who do as well.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Fatma said...

When do I get to borrow the apparatus?

Real cool!!!

Fitèna

1:50 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

I love the photos. And how cool that they actually got a call while you were there.

11:44 AM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

Oh my gosh that is soo cool that you got to go along! Hey if your hubby knows any cute Canadian firefighters send em my way. lol. I wanna ride on the truck too!

10:13 PM  
Blogger suleyman said...

How'd that get started? Arson? Mafia hit? Or is it just a pinto?

-Suley

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com