Thursday, April 06, 2006

Blogged Out

Today felt like my BIRTHDAY! So many comments on my blog, and all thanks to Michele, at www.micheleagnew.com . Site of the day! Such a treat! If you don't visit Michele on a regular basis, please go visit her. I suggest you give her a try on the weekends for the weekend Meet and Greet. I often get asked by newer bloggers how you increase the traffic to your blog, and I have to say, "Comment unto others as you'd have them comment unto you." Michele's is a great place to find interesting new sites. Visit them and they'll visit you!

I visit sites-of-the-day a lot, and I find that for the most part if a blogger visits me back, I usually will visit them on a regular basis. So I thought since my mom taught me that it is important to always send a little thank you note if someone does something nice for you, I ought to visit all my new commenters today with a little thank you. And maybe, just maybe, I'll find some interesting bloggers I'd like to keep visiting. Oh man, what did I get myself into?

I got almost 50 totally great comments thanks to Michele today, and I'm only through about 30 of my 'thank-yous'. Ryan called a little bit ago and asked what I was doing. "I'm blogging." I say. And he says, "What else is new?". Then I tell him I'm totally blogged out and he says he never thought he'd hear me say that. I've read so many blogs tonight that I just can't process anymore!

I've read about 2 posts per blog to get a feel for these people and I'm totally overwhelmed. I read about kids, and sleep patterns, and jobs, and food, and traveling, and abortion, and... Oh man, too much!

So I'm taking a break from reading to do a little writing of my own. To start: my Portfolio project continues. Last night I got to photograph a set of twins so identical that their mother has to keep little hemp bracelets of different colored beads on their little ankles to tell them apart.


Also, it seems like a lot of people were talking on their blogs about sleeping. Or the lackthereof. I've always had problems falling asleep. When I lay down to go to sleep, my mind races. I can't let go of the day at all and I run through lists of things that I failed to do during the day, things I've procrastinated on eat me up, and I plan my next day until I'm so stressed out I'm laying there wide awake. And once I am asleep, I wake up at all hours. I have these crazy dreams that feel like nightmares. Ryan's always convinced that my dreams mean something, but mostly to me they just mean I'm a zombie during the day.

So tell me, are you a good sleeper? Or are you like me and you just can't relax enough to let the day go long enough to catch a few z's?

Thank you again to all the people who visited me from Michele's!

17 Comments:

Blogger Fatma said...

Funny, I was just thinking about writing an aknowledgment for my commentors this morning!

Your mother taught you well, one should always thank for the nice things done for you!

Am a light sleeper. And very short sleeper too. My system needs the sleep but I just give it. I sleep very late and wake very early. I go like this for months and then one day I pay my sleep debt.

Fitèna

11:00 PM  
Blogger Fatma said...

BTW, I absolutely love the pics! They are so yummy those twins!

Fitèna

11:11 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

You are always the site of the day to me!
I'm a little behind on blogging this week, it's been a busy few days, so a belated congratulations for being the site of the day!!!
You have a fabulous eye for photography! The twins portraits are fabulous!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Great pictures of the twins!!

I missed you being site of the day yesterday!!! Congratulatiosn!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love being featured as Michele's site of the day, it's like you said...you visit each and every one who comments and you see and learn so much!

I love the pictures of the twins, very nice! My next purchase is a backdrop...I'm thinking a sheet or something. Does school teach you any shortcuts for that type of thing?

Hey...did I tell you my ex-husband is a firefighter?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Bill C said...

Wanted to let you know I appreciated the "thank you" visit. Now before this spirals into some kind of recursive thank-you loop, here's a post-related comment. :-)

I *really* enjoyed your take on dreams meaning something i.e. you're a "zombie during the day." That's one to remember.

And - I usually fall asleep fine, though my wife often gets into the racing mind state you describe. Definitely not fun.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Gypsy said...

Those kids are cute as the dickens!!

I can never fall asleep on Sunday nights. Too much going on in the old noggin' about the week ahead. On most other nights, though, I can go to sleep after I've read for a while.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute twins!

i generally sleep like a rock unless i'm sick or really stressed and nervous. but my nights are chock full of vivid dreams. i usually think they have to do with underlying themes about how i'm feeling emotionally about what's going on in my life.

jason never dreams.

10:23 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

Who me? I'm not a good sleeper at all. Unless you mean 8-9 hours each night. And I usually dream and can remember them. I think sleeping is my God given talent.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"I can't let go of the day at all and I run through lists of things that I failed to do during the day, things I've procrastinated on eat me up, and I plan my next day until I'm so stressed out I'm laying there wide awake."

this is almost precisely what i told my doctor.

I got Ambien, but you aren't supposed to take that on a regular basis (so, um, when can I take it?) It's usually before I work that I can't sleep. I am part time so...

It only happens when there are long drawn out "issues", otherwise I am a viking, like M, like that simpsons kid.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Thorn said...

Good sleeper? Oh no...I suffer from night sweats so bad sometimes that I'm just saturated in sweat, constantly scootching around the bed for a dry spot! And being a mother, you hear every noise! Prior to falling asleep, my mind may make me wrestle with all my worries, and then I even wake up thinking of my worries!...thorn

8:46 AM  
Blogger Good Kharma Bunny said...

Hi, I've visited from michele's, your site is great.
My boy has just loved your slide show of the firemen.
Your pictures are wonderful.
Al x

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! Congrats on being SOTD, and I'm sorry I missed it. I've been out-of-control busy lately still setting up my new home.

Neat photos by the way! Such happy kids.

Speaking of sleep -- Crap, I'm not getting enough at all. That said, we've started closing the blinds to our fishbowl (which overlooks the harbour and all the city lights) to see if perhaps the lights of the city might be affecting my sleep patterns. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we've got the solution. Next, I'll be increasing my intake of 5-HTP (I've blogged a ton about that natural sleep aid and mood booster).

Hey, I guess you are starting your new job soon, no?

Happy Sunday!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Misti said...

so do you have a studio of your own?
i dabble with photographer.its passion. i have only done a few shoots of children that aren't mine.

and i can't ever sleep.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arrgh, sleep..... it's like I'm a dog chasing my own damn tail... never quite get it!

P.S. - Thanks for your kind words on my site... : )

3:10 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I always fall asleep really fast, but my problem is that I wake up a few hours later... WIDE AWAKE... and can't get back to sleep. Argh!! Michele sent me today.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Rich said...

" I'm Fully Uploaded & Totally Blogged-OUT~! "
http://richbaecher.spaces.live.com

Rich Baecher 贝瑞淇 Bei Rui Qi
Google Me~! "Dr.openBC/XING"

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com