Sunday, March 26, 2006

Welcome Home!

Surprise surprise! A new home for Putting Out Fires! Much thanks to Troll Baby Graphics for my great new home.

Also lots of thanks to my hubby Ryan for insisting that I bite the bullet and get a great site.

Because this is a new home, I thought I'd re-introduce myself. My name is Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men. I have a new-found love of photography and like to include pictures in my posts. I have a husband, Ryan, and I'm a DogMa to Mika and Karma. I love to travel. I live in Arizona and couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

My husband is a firefighter, which makes me a Firefighter Wife. My blog is called 'Putting out Fires' because when you're married to a firefighter, you're married to the job and all that entails. When Karen at Troll Baby and I were designing this site (OK, she designed, I merely waited for her emails like a kid waiting for Christmas) I had a hard time with the fact that I'd labled myself this way. Because I'm not first, and foremost, a firefighter wife. I've got a lot to be proud of all on my own. But honestly, being married to someone with such a crazy, sometimes scary, unpredictable, ever-changing schedule job really forces you to live the life. I spend my free time trying to balance our life with his job. Putting out Fires. So while I'm a strong women with a strong sense of self all on my own, there's no denying the firefighting part of my life.

Thank you for taking the time to visit me. Take a seat and stay awhile...

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! this will be great. I hope I get to read it as much as possible.

RLDW

8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great! I'm so flattered that I am considered a "daily read" man, I better straighten my act up huh?

site looks fabuloso, and wouldnt you know, my husband is a flippin INTERNET DEVELOPER but do I have a sweet site? hail no! he just started a blog and gets 40 hits a day, uses MY photography, the booger. anyway, as you see, I am plotting out of coveting a sweet site.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the new site!
You did a great job remodelling!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Fatma said...

Hey, I love it here! I wondered what the putting out fires was about, now I know. You watched Ladder 49? A great and sad movie. Its about firefighting and the risks and how how the families handle it all and stuff. It made me cry.
Keep posting!!

Fitèna

9:41 PM  
Blogger suleyman said...

Velly, velly nice. The header is awesome.

-Suley

9:45 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ohhh pretty!! I like the new look!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

May your new online home be a place of warmth and friendship. I'm so happy for you.

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new site!

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, very cute! :)

6:17 AM  
Blogger Lurid said...

Word, sistah. It looks fabulous :)

6:48 AM  
Blogger jennypenny said...

Congratulations on the new home. It looks fabulous! I'll be sure to update my links.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I L-O-V-E- it!!! looks great!!! you are the first website I look at every day! love ya!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice re-design, Amanda! Looks great! Karen did a super job.

I'll update your link!

Happy Monday...

8:50 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

I love the redesign. And yeah, being involved with someone in the fire service makes yuo a member of a very special club - you know what iti like to live with a certified nut ;)

11:53 AM  
Blogger African Kelli said...

I am happy you were able to make this happen. I know you've wanted it for a while! I love the blue. :)

12:08 PM  
Blogger FinnyKnits said...

Congrats on the new spot -- lookin good!

3:13 PM  
Blogger M said...

velcome home. mua hahaha...

Who's Karen Rani?

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dad's an engineer. I know ALL about how that field is littered with men. But the plus side of being an engineer kid is when you're litle and you visit dad and all his friends at work, & you're a cute little girl, is you can make about $2-$5 because they give you money for being so cute, and candy too.
The world needs more women engineers!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. I am also a firefighters wife. I started up a forum/site for firefighter wives. Please join us. We are growing daily. We have over 200 members so far! :)

www.FireWives.com

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com