Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ready for Retirement at 27

Ryan and I went to a retirement party today for my old boss. The man is so wealthy that his investment firm paid for the party. Open bar. Gourmet food. That's my goal: to make so much money over my working life that my investment guy pays for all of my friends to eat and drink for free. So Ryan and I signed ourselves up for a meeting with a financial advisor. Do you have one?

(side note: Ryan and I are so hardcore that we actually went to the gym after wine and food. THAT, my friends, is dedication to the bikini)

3 Comments:

Blogger Fatma said...

You said it, hardcore!

Do I have a Financial advisor? lol!

Fitèna

10:05 PM  
Blogger M said...

gym? yes. gym after wine? never.

I do have a financial advisor. His name is Marco. He takes approximately 25% of what I earn after taxes and tries to make money on it with medium to low risk investments. Once I save up enough to play a little, I'll start some higher risk stuff, but for now I'm just basically putting cash in mutual funds. It's really just to get my money out of my chequeing (ie "spending") account, so I don't know I have it. It's like hiding things from yourself!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer crazy! There's no way I'd be at the gym AFTER that!

Mind you, I'm insane, too because I get up at a foolish hour on Sunday mornings to row.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

about me

  • CLICK HERE to visit my wedding, portrait, and event business website

  • By TwitterButtons.com

    Name:
    Location: Mesa, Arizona, United States

    I'm Amanda. I'm an engineer in an industry full of men, a professional wedding and family portrait photographer, a firefighter's wife, a traveler, and a dogMa.

    daily reads

  • africankelli
  • chi town teacher
  • realtor extraordinaire
  • the other amanda
  • Sunny Inspiration
  • Fond of Snape
  • Goofy Girl
  • Kross-Eyed Kitty
  • NetChick
  • Amalah
  • Jessica Claire
  • [B]ecker
  • The Sweet Life
  • Stop, Drop & Blog
  • Roanoke Firefighters
  • First Response Coalition
  • flickr

    Amanda's Photos

    blogger archives

  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com